MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
rooter

Reged: 12/05/04
m100 built in backup
      #17908 - 12/05/04 08:59 PM

I have a problem. I have a M100 palm pilot (runs on 2 x AAA batteries). It doesn't matter how fast I change the batteries I always need to do a hotsync to reload my info as it always drops out. My owners manual says it should hold it for 60 seconds, and it used to, but no longer. how can I get this fixed? Is there a capacitor inside or another little battery that can be changed? I live in New Zealand so I can't send it to Palm to be fixed.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: m100 built in backup [Re: rooter]
      #17927 - 12/06/04 02:50 PM

If you're feeling adventerous, open up the case and see if you can spot a coin cell (watch battery) backup battery on the motherboard. That one would be much easier to replace than a capacitor which is soldered on. I don't know which the m100 uses, but my guess is that it might be a coin cell since a capacitor should last at least 5 years while a coin cell typically lasts two or three.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

rooter

Reged: 12/05/04
Re: m100 built in backup [Re: LisaG]
      #17935 - 12/06/04 09:59 PM

Thanks for your help. There doesn't appear to be a coin type battery in either of my M100's. That being said there is something that could almost be mistaken for a coin type battery that is not removable without a soldering iron. could this be the capacitor? One of my units does appear to have some corrosion around it which would lead me to believe I am somewhere near the problem? any other thoughts

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2090

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage