Palm OS PDAs >> Palm Inc.

Pages: 1
Dan_42
veteran

Reged: 08/27/04
Loc: Shenzhen, China
Quick-install absurdities
      #18010 - 12/10/04 04:10 AM

Just have been noticing something fairly annoying related to using the Palmone Quickinstall app for loading MP3 files.

I had a series of MP3 files on my computer that I had ripped a few weeks before from the same cd and now wanted to send to my T3's SD card (which is a new 512 MB card...no shortage of free space).

So, I do a hotsync, and 24 of the tracks I had scheduled to load did so without incident.

However, for some reason, 2 tracks (from the same album that otherwise loaded up successfully) refuse to load up.

I know I should be able to get around this with a SD card reader (and I will do so next week, when I remember to bring it to the office); but it's pretty annoying that the Palm software is refusing to do what should be fairly straightforward task.

Any idea why this is happening and what can be done to fix this?

Rebooting the computer makes no difference, as does opening and closing the Hotsync manager. I even tried copying the whole parent folder over, and everything was copied in order, except that it just skipped over the two problem tracks.

As far as I know, there shouldn't be any extra security assigned to the tracks (and there's nothing indicated about them), so I'm really baffled about why these two songs won't go on.

Has anyone else ever experienced something like this? Any idea why the software isn't co-operating?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Quick-install absurdities [Re: Dan_42]
      #18041 - 12/11/04 03:48 PM

Have you tried playing those two files on your PC again to make sure they're not corrupted? Are they encoded at a different bitrate than the other files that do copy sucessfully?

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2919

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage