Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Palm OS PDAs >> Palm Inc.

Pages: 1
Morningstar

Reged: 12/27/04
Loc: Raleigh, NC
ZLauncher installation to Tungsten|E
      #18470 - 12/27/04 11:33 AM

hello everyone, my name is Phil and i'm new to this forum. for christmas i recieved a Palm Tungsten|E. i decided what i wanted in a handheld, read the reviews on this site, decided how much i wanted to spend and using those three 'vectors,' if you will, decided that the Tungsten E was probably right for me.

almost from the outset, i knew that i'd want to change the background images, and so, i've purchased ZLauncher. the ZLauncher instructions state that you have to install the ZLauncher.prc file as well as one bundled theme in order for it to work properly.

these are the themes that are listed in the ZLauncher Installation Guide. i have a Tungsten E. i know that it has a 320x320 display, but that's about it. i'm not sure which one of these i should install. could someone please help me?

* ZLT_AquawoodXP_SonyHR_64K.prc: Theme for the Sony HiRes handheld which runs on PalmOS 4.0 or higher and supports 64K colors, such as Clie N/T/NR/NX series, Clie SJ30.
* ZLT_AquawoodXP_SonyHR_256.prc: Theme for the Sony HiRes handheld which runs on PalmOS 3.5 or higher and supports 256 colors or 64K colors, such as Clie N610C.
* ZLT_AquawoodXP_SonyHR_16.prc: Theme for the Sony HiRes handheld which runs on PalmOS 3.5 or higher and supports 16 grayscales or higher colors, such as Clie T415/SJ10.
* ZLT_AquawoodXP_Std_64K.prc: Theme for the standard LowRes handheld which runs on PalmOS 3.5 or higher and supports 64K colors, such as Palm m505, Handspring Visor Prism/Treo 90/270/300, Treo 600.
* ZLT_AquawoodXP_Std_256.prc: Theme for the standard LowRes handheld which runs on PalmOS 3.5 or higher and supports 256 colors or 64K colors, such as Palm IIIc.
* ZLT_AquawoodXP_Std_16.prc: Theme for the standard LowRes handheld which runs on PalmOS 3.5 or higher and supports 16 grayscales or higher colors, such as Palm m series, Handspring Visor Edge/Treo 180, Clie S series.
* ZLT_AquawoodXP_Hi_64K.prc: Theme for the High-Density handheld, such as Palm Tungsten | T / W / C, Palm ZIRE 71, Acer S50/S60, Garmin iQue3600. NOTE: This theme also applies to Sony Clie UX50/UX40.
* ZLT_BlueHiCon_Std_16_AND_256: Theme for the standard LowRes handheld which runs on PalmOS 3.5 or higher and supports 16 grayscales or higher colors, such as Palm m series, Handspring Visor Edge/Treo 180, Clie S series.
* ZLT_BlueHiCon_Hi_16_AND_256: Theme for the High-Density handheld, such as Palm Tungsten | T / W / C, Palm ZIRE 71, Acer S50/S60, Garmin iQue3600. NOTE: This theme also applies to Sony Clie UX50/UX40.
* ZLT_BlueHiCon_SonyHR_16_AND_256: Theme for the Sony HiRes handheld which runs on PalmOS 3.5 or higher and supports 16 grayscales or higher colors, such as Clie T415/SJ10.

thank you very much

--------------------
The Shallow End: Falling Utterly Short of Potential
http://www.theshallowend.com/

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: ZLauncher installation to Tungsten|E [Re: Morningstar]
      #18483 - 12/27/04 03:14 PM

Go with the ones that have "hi" in the name. The E has a high density display, in Zlauncher lingo. 256 or 64k colors will look the nicest. You don't want the ones that have Sony in the name, nor ones that have "standard" in the name.

AquawoodXP_Hi_64K.prc is your best choice for included ones.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Morningstar

Reged: 12/27/04
Loc: Raleigh, NC
Re: ZLauncher installation to Tungsten|E [Re: LisaG]
      #18486 - 12/27/04 06:41 PM

ah, that worked great. thank you SO much for the help, Lisa.

you can take a peek at my now themed Tungsten|E here:
http://iskusstva.theshallowend.com/doom3pda3.jpg

*grin* any Doom 3 fans out there should get a kick out of it.

--------------------
The Shallow End: Falling Utterly Short of Potential
http://www.theshallowend.com/

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: ZLauncher installation to Tungsten|E [Re: Morningstar]
      #18489 - 12/27/04 10:55 PM

Looks cool!

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6010

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage