MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
Donaldson

Reged: 01/26/05
Two separate Calendars same device
      #18945 - 01/26/05 01:05 PM

I need two calenders on one device. I had a palm m500, it recently gave out, which could only handle one calender. I need to manage two seperate calenders at the same time and do not want to carry two units. Any suggestions?.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tanker_Bob
PDA Addict

Reged: 11/23/03
Loc: N. Virginia
Re: Two separate Calendars same device [Re: Donaldson]
      #18971 - 01/28/05 11:55 PM

Quote:

I need two calenders on one device. I had a palm m500, it recently gave out, which could only handle one calender. I need to manage two seperate calenders at the same time and do not want to carry two units. Any suggestions?.

There are several ways you can go. PalmOne offers a free application called DualDate at http://www.palmone.com/us/support/dualdate/ . The non-native (imported) calendar cannot be changed, but both calendars may be displayed together. This is probably the simplest solution.

Another solution is Datebk5 at http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/datebk5.htm . You can use categories to maintain two calendars by assigning each to its own category. In this scheme you can edit both calendars. You can display them together by veiwing both categories together, but they'll be interspersed and not side-by-side. In fact, you can have up to 16 calendars under this scheme if you don't use categories for anything else.

--------------------
Regards,
Tanker Bob
Tanker Bob's Handheld Computing Page
Reviewer at MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1545

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage