MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
burner10501

Reged: 01/31/05
Question about dell Axim X3
      #18989 - 01/31/05 09:30 AM

I just purchased this, and downloaded everything that I was suppose to, I previously had a palm pilot and when I downloaded the software there was an icon on desktop that I could see everything on my laptop, and type anything, I don't seem to have this icon on my desktop for the dell axim, is there suppose to be one, and if so, how do i get it on there??? also when it does sync. It doesn't update calender info, or contacts, it tells me to sync these on axim, I know have more questions but if I can get this part taken care of the rest might fall into place Thank You

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Question about dell Axim X3 [Re: burner10501]
      #18994 - 01/31/05 03:39 PM

If you didn't get the original manual which explains how to sync your PDA, Dell might send you one if you contact them Pocket PCs use ActiveSync for syning and it will automatically run when you put the device in its cradle or attach the sync cable. You can find ActiveSync on the Start Menu. PIM data (calendar, contacts,tasks and etc) sync to Outlook which is included on the CD. You'll need to install Outlook and let ActiveSync create a partnership with your Dell if you wish to sync this data.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1622

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage