MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
ditastical

Reged: 02/28/05
Zire 31 fatal memory alert memorymgr. c, line 3632 null handle
      #19389 - 02/28/05 06:42 PM

I just bought a Zire 31 and after synchronizing I got this fatal alert memorymgr. c, line 3632 null handle. I did a hard reset, synchronized again and keep getting the same alert. Palm support is useless. How do I fix this?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
FMN
PDA Addict

Reged: 06/27/03
Re: Zire 31 fatal memory alert memorymgr. c, line 3632 null handle [Re: ditastical]
      #19468 - 03/07/05 01:12 PM

I wonder if this is the same issue discussed here:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=

paul_novotny

Reged: 03/07/05
Loc: Bay Area
Re: Zire 31 fatal memory alert memorymgr. c, line 3632 null handle [Re: ditastical]
      #19470 - 03/07/05 05:40 PM

Hello,

Paul from palmOne here. This particular variety of the Fatal Alert error usually results from a minor programming issue within a third-party application. For example, it could occur because a callback function may not have a valid value set, and needs a dummy string allocated for it.

Our recommendation is to delete the application that is causing this particular variety of Fatal Alert. Then, write a quick email to the software's developer or vendor, notifying them of the bug in their software, so that future revisions can take the bug into account.

I can also refer you to a palmOne Knowledge Library article which may be of help. "Diagnosing problems caused by third party applications" can be seen here.
Hope that helps.

Best

Paul

--------------------
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Paul Novotny
paul.novotny@palmOne.com
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Start earning rewards today.
Register for free at
http://paysback.palmone.com/

FMN
PDA Addict

Re: Zire 31 fatal memory alert memorymgr. c, line 3632 null handle [Re: paul_novotny]
      #19474 - 03/09/05 02:23 PM

Hi Paul, thank you very much for responding to this. A follow up question: what if the error does not show any indication of associating with any 3rd party application? What do I do? I agree with you that this could well be caused by hack tools, but sometimes deleting the hack tool and hard reset the device still doesn't do the trick.

FMN
PDA Addict

Re: Zire 31 fatal memory alert memorymgr. c, line 3632 null handle [Re: FMN]
      #19475 - 03/09/05 02:27 PM

Sorry, ignore my last message. After reading the full thread here I think I will try some of the solutions that have worked for others first. Filez app seems to be a good thing to have.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6058

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage