MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> Toshiba Pocket PC

Pages: 1
kickum

Reged: 04/06/05
e330, needs new digitizer??
      #19658 - 04/06/05 07:15 PM

I have a e330 pocket pc that I purchased used a couple of months ago used. It has worked great up until a few days ago, now it seems like it's possessed. The screen stopped responding to the stylus, so I hard-booted it and re-aligned the screen and I thought that did the trick, but after a few minutes it stopped doing anything when I tapped the screen again. It also seems like it is doing things on it's own when it is cradled (goes to the time & date setup page by itself). What's odd is it seems to work for a few minutes then it freezes up and if I tap the unit (lightly) on a hard surface it starts working again for a few minutes & then nothing. I am gathering by some of the posts I've read in here that it is more than likely a screen digitizer problem, and I'm wondering if this is so, What I would have to do to fix it? Is this something I could fix myself, & if so where can I get the part? Please let me know If there is anything I can do with this thing. Thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
GregModerator
PDA Addict

Reged: 02/28/02
Re: e330, needs new digitizer?? [Re: kickum]
      #19859 - 05/03/05 03:42 PM

It does sound like a digitizer problem. Finding a replacment LCD won't be that easy- check if www.pdaparts.com carries it. The cost might equal the replacment value of the PDA though- complete color display assemblies can cost over $150.

--------------------
Mobile Tech Review
http://www.mobiletechreview.com

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 10805

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage