MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
treopod

Reged: 06/17/04
Love the SX66 PPC Phone design
      #19780 - 04/21/05 10:46 PM

Currently I have a Treo 600 that I am less than pleased with mostly because it's Palm and not PPC. I saw an non-palm or ppc based phone ericcson T60 years ago that I like because it fit sideways on your belt and faced inward really hugging your belt. Universal swivel clips don't do that. The problem I have always had with palm and ppc phones is that they are so bulky and the SX66 appears as if it will be even more bulky than the treo 600 but then it has bluetooth and wifi which is really nice.

I think what I need is a PPC phone for which I can find a tightly hugging sideways belt clip that faces inward. This will take at least some of the bulkyness away and perhaps even improve signal strenght since I will no longer need to keep it in my pocket.

Does anyone know if I can do that with the Seimens SX66 found Here?

If not is there a better option?

--------------------
TMobile PocketPC Phone Edition, just switched to Treo600 Palm

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Love the SX66 PPC Phone design [Re: treopod]
      #19784 - 04/22/05 02:12 PM

The SX66 is quite a bit larger than the Treo. I'm not sure that it would be comfy on your belt no matter how closely the clip held the device. If you haven't already, take a look at our review, which has both devices in a comparison photo: http://www.mobiletechreview.com/siemensSX66.htm

If you're not afraid of imports, the iMate Jam Pocket PC phone which we'll be reviewing shortly, is quite compact and is about the same size as the Treo.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1701

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage