Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> Pocket PC Software

Pages: 1
larryINmich

Reged: 05/03/05
Loc: guess!!!!!!!!!
update on Palm Office suites?
      #19893 - 05/06/05 04:00 PM

The subject review is close to 16 months old, is/has there been an update on these ALLinONE programs, maybe at least in the conclusions and which has been substantially upgraded???

TIA

Larry

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: update on Palm Office suites? [Re: larryINmich]
      #19926 - 05/09/05 08:17 PM

Hi Larry. The review is from late Feb. 2004, not quite 16 months old, but indeed it is over a year old now. I'll let Tanker Bob answer the question at hand though, since he wrote that review and uses the Palm OS Office suites heavily.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Tanker_Bob
PDA Addict

Reged: 11/24/03
Loc: N. Virginia
Re: update on Palm Office suites? [Re: larryINmich]
      #19930 - 05/10/05 12:03 AM

Quote:

The subject review is close to 16 months old, is/has there been an update on these ALLinONE programs, maybe at least in the conclusions and which has been substantially upgraded???

TIA

Larry

Hi Larry,

The overall answer to changes since the last review has to be "nothing dramatic." Docs to Go included rudimentary Powerpoint support and has a more graphical interface. MiniCalc in MiniOffice added support for additional functions. QuickOffice added better font formatting and table support in QuickWord and handles native Word file format, and added rudimentary Powerpoint support. WordSmith hasn't changed in over two years and is pretty much a dead-end product. MobiSystems added a pretty robust Office Suite which has impressive support across the board.

Without a full review, I'd have to say that MobiSystems' Office Suite now gives Docs To Go 7 a run for its money for breadth and depth of MS Office support. Only a trial of each will tell which is best for you.

--------------------
Regards,
Tanker Bob
Tanker Bob's Handheld Computing Page
Reviewer at MobileTechReview

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, Jacob_Spindel, LisaG, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4464

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage