MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Palm OS PDAs >> Palm Inc.

Pages: 1
gru

Reged: 05/09/05
hotsync crash with T5 - please help!!
      #19928 - 05/09/05 04:33 PM

i have a T5. whenever i load a new application onto palm one quick install program on my desktop and hotsync i get a problem. the hotsync process nearly completes but freezes towards the end with the message on the desktop saying 'loading handheld applications' and that on the T5 saying
'synchronising memos'

i having to manually terminate the hotsync process each time and it does not hotsync properly. the only way i can stop this happening is if i do a hard reset. can anyone advise me on what to do to stop the hotsync process from freezing?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tanker_Bob
PDA Addict

Reged: 11/23/03
Loc: N. Virginia
Re: hotsync crash with T5 - please help!! [Re: gru]
      #19959 - 05/13/05 04:18 PM

Quote:

i have a T5. whenever i load a new application onto palm one quick install program on my desktop and hotsync i get a problem. the hotsync process nearly completes but freezes towards the end with the message on the desktop saying 'loading handheld applications' and that on the T5 saying
'synchronising memos'

i having to manually terminate the hotsync process each time and it does not hotsync properly. the only way i can stop this happening is if i do a hard reset. can anyone advise me on what to do to stop the hotsync process from freezing?

The most common reason Hotsync freezes is that Hotsync is looking for a card on the handheld but cannot find it. Docs To Go is famous for trashing the SD card interface, which then locks up Hotsync. Try disabling DTG's conduit and see if it works. If not, then try disabling other conduits one-by-one and see which one causes the problem. But first...

Try reinstalling Palm Desktop, as a corrupt conduit file would also crash Hotsync. Reinstalling the desktop over itself will preserve your data, but it never hurts to copy your user directory somewhere else just in case.

You cannot put a file directly from an archive (zip file, etc.) directly into Install. It will create a zero-length entry if you do. That never crashes my T3, but I don't know what would happen on a T5. Unzip the files that you want to install and then drag them to Quick Install.

If neither of those work, please post a list of the conduits that are installed in Hotsync.

--------------------
Regards,
Tanker Bob
Tanker Bob's Handheld Computing Page
Reviewer at MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3091

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage