MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
larryINmich

Reged: 05/03/05
Loc: guess!!!!!!!!!
$300 PDA?
      #19985 - 05/17/05 07:27 AM

Hate to post again but....
Last week late I ordered a Dell X50 bottom line item. however they have already messed up the order and I have to get it resolved now... their handy dandy onweb and such has been abysmal.
so
May cancel and want to order ANY PDA that will give me the good ole normal PDA functions and synch my Palm 130 had, yet larger sharper image hopefully with landscape mode. Palms sync style is fine, dont think I really NEED bluetooth. Music and high speed not needed. Sony stuff seems to have disappeared..... AND think builtin wifi would be very nice. Anything out there that fits? I have searched sites but it all becomes a blur.
I did just buy a Tosh Tab PC, the 14" item, basically for athome use as a FYI. So the PDA will talk to it and my old Celeron Gateway PC...

Larry
who thanks you and the entire site!!!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: $300 PDA? [Re: larryINmich]
      #20174 - 06/05/05 03:28 PM

Yes, Sony left the PDA market . The problem with palmOne is that few of their models come with WiFi. However, you can add it using Palm's SD WiFi card if you find a Palm you like that's compatible with that card: http://www.mobiletechreview.com/tips/PalmOne_SD_WiFi_card.htm .

The Tungsten E2 might be a good choice and works with the SD WiFi card: http://www.mobiletechreview.com/palmOne_Tungsten_E2.htm , and there's the HP iPAQ rx3115 Pocket PC which has both WiFi and Bluetooth built-in http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPAQ_rx3115.htm .

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

larryINmich

Reged: 05/03/05
Loc: guess!!!!!!!!!
Re: $300 PDA? [Re: LisaG]
      #20317 - 06/21/05 07:58 AM

I ordered a Dell x50, it became a hassle overall, and cancelled before it arrived. More hassle, tho Dells prepaid UPS pickup worked fine. After 3 weeks no credit, called, e mailed, etc. whatta pain.
They finally took action and received an e mail that I was credited.
Now its back to carrying snips of paper for my to do, or a collegiate spiral bound notebook.

Wife and I both bought Palm M130's about 2.5 yrs ago, here was through local mall store selling scheduling items. Hers never worked too well, she gave up. Then it died. Mine workd fine but after 1.5 yrs the screen got wierd and I was unable to click on same and get the machine to unlock. So they sit. So I M not too hot on buying another Palm.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2534

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage