MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
Teacher

Reged: 05/22/05
PDA frustration!!
      #20030 - 05/22/05 01:13 AM

My brother gave me an iPAQ HP 1910 and I love organizing everything now. I am a working mom with 4 kids and a husband to manage and my PDA is making me nuts!!! It won't allow me to color code appointments. When I make appointments, I have to write each kids name on the appointment and only a blue shape shows up on the calendar. My girlfriend has a Palm OS Tungsten and she can categorize her appointments with different colors. For example, she just got married and every appointment that dealt with Marriage could be given a pink circle on the calendar. I need to colorize my calendar because that is how I stay organized. Every kid in my family, including my husband, has a color. I used to have a huge day runner and there were sticker dots on each day that matched a person in my family. It is driving me crazy that I can't do that on my PDA. Can I buy different software? What should I do?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tanker_Bob
PDA Addict

Reged: 11/23/03
Loc: N. Virginia
Re: PDA frustration!! [Re: Teacher]
      #20035 - 05/22/05 07:00 PM

There are a number of Pocket PC calendar programs that allow you to assign colors to categories. My favorite is Pocket Informant 2005. That may be overkill for you, but it sounds like your schedule is at least as hectic as mine. PI2005 supports custom views with which you can set individual calendars to display, or all together, as well as assigning colors and/or icons to categories. It also replaces Tasks, Contacts, and Notes.

Another popular, full-featured replacement is Ulti-Planner which is less expensive and less complex. I've not used it myself, but it bills itself as doing most of what the big boys do but for less cash outlay.

Agenda Fusion 7 is another major program, but it's geared more to project management than pure PIM work. There is also a much simpler program called Pocket Organizer 2.0, but it may be too simple.

You're best bet is to try several that sound or look interesting and register the one that you like. All the ones I've listed are stand-alone applications. There are a host of Today screen plug-ins as well.

--------------------
Regards,
Tanker Bob
Tanker Bob's Handheld Computing Page
Reviewer at MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1591

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage