MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
remobiz

Reged: 06/09/05
Dell Axim X30 312MHz or palmOne Tungsten E2?
      #20223 - 06/09/05 10:57 PM

Hello Everyone,

I am considering the Dell and the palmOne PDA's. I am interested in the usual apps (contacts, calendar, etc) and wireless connectivity via 802.11b. I do not have a bluetooth device at this time. I realize that I will need to purchase the WiFi card for the palmOne device. I use mainly Win2000, but have a PowerBook G4 that I use wirelessly at home. I travel infrequently, but when I do travel, I bring the PowerBook along to monitor email.

Given this information, is there a clear winner between these two products? From what I've read, it seems that Dell has a slight edge. However, I had a bad experience with Dell with respect to a desktop ordered years ago and have never quite trusted the company since. I know that there have been bad experiences for owners of both the Dell and palmOne PDA's from what I've read here and on other websites. Still, I value the advice of owners and would like to hear their recommendations. Thanks in advance for your help!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Dell Axim X30 312MHz or palmOne Tungsten E2? [Re: remobiz]
      #20230 - 06/10/05 06:53 PM

If you plan on syncing your new PDA to your Mac, keep in mind that the Palm comes with syncing software for both Windows and Mac, while Pocket PCs only come with Windows syncing software. You'd need to buy a 3rd party Mac syncing app such as MissingSync.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

remobiz

Reged: 06/09/05
Re: Dell Axim X30 312MHz or palmOne Tungsten E2? [Re: LisaG]
      #20242 - 06/13/05 04:11 PM

I'm not sure if I'll sync to Mac or not, so Palm's syncing flexibility is not that important to me.

My quesion remains: Does anyone out there have a preference between the Dell Axim X30 312MHz and the palmOne Tungsten E2?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2778

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage