MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> Pocket PC General Discussion

Pages: 1
beaunejewels

Reged: 07/03/05
targus folding keyboard
      #20433 - 07/03/05 11:03 PM

After sending an HP 4150 to a friend in Germany , now a folding fullsize keyboard (not wireless) is in order. I purchased the Targus Stowaway Portable Keyboard PA840U, but have concerns about it being compatible. I read some places that the 4150 connects the same as the iPAQ 2215, 3000 and 5000 series. Read that here in fact. I also read that the 3000 series needed an adaptor from Targus. I no longer find this particular keyboard for sale at Targus. I'm not sure if I'm sending a keyboard over to Germany that won't work with the PDA. Does anyone know? Targus makes one bazillion keyboards, have I bought the wrong one? Thanks for ANY input here.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: targus folding keyboard [Re: beaunejewels]
      #20569 - 07/15/05 02:49 PM

It gets a little confusing since some of the old iPAQ 3000 series models (like the 3600, 3700) used a different connector than the 3900 model series and the other iPAQs you mentioned. You should not need an adapter for the 4150. However, the plastic connector may stick up a bit too much on the sides and your friend in Germany might have to file it down a bit to get a good fit.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, Jacob_Spindel, LisaG, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3082

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage