MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Palm OS PDAs >> Palm Inc.

Pages: 1
Abraham

Reged: 07/19/05
Wi-Fi card problems
      #20619 - 07/20/05 02:20 PM

Hardware configuration: Zire 72, windows xp, Linksys router.
Finally!! Got the wi-fi card and installed the software. The signal was terrible weak, erratic, and sometimes none were my PC gets a perfect signal. Then, after hours of troubleshooting with the router, the palm and the forum, Big answer posted hiding somewhere in the palm forum, an update 1.0 to fix the problem with the Linksys and the Belkin routers. Did the download and follow the steps to install the WIFILIB in my PDA, it was supposed to install the new WIFILIB ver.1.0.6 and at the same time keep the old WIFILIB ver. 1.0.5. Surprise!! Finally installed the 1.0.6 ver. But it didn't keep the old 1.0.5 and of course it didn't work. I have tried everything, also hard resetting a few times. And at the end the card was not recognized by my palm neither any other palm.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Wi-Fi card problems [Re: Abraham]
      #20639 - 07/22/05 12:46 AM

As much as it's no fun at all, I'd give Palm's tech support a call on this issue. Hard resetting should wipe out all data, including the older WiFi driver. No idea on why it won't recognize the card after a hard reset and fresh install of the updated drivers .

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2706

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage