MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Palm OS PDAs >> Palm Software

Pages: 1
smile711

Reged: 08/06/05
Cannot seem to install movie file
      #20788 - 08/08/05 02:10 AM

I installed the TCPMP media player on my Palm Tungsten E2 and then found a short MP4 video to try it out.

I placed the file in the Palm One QuickInstall which defaulted to "Expansion Card." I then HotSynced to my device and got this message in the QuickInstall window: "There is no application on the organizer to handle this file." I have a 512 mb SD card in my E2 so I cannot understand why it would not install it.

I searched through my palm documentation: no luck. Does anyone know how to remedy this situation?

Thank you.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
neo979
PDA Addict

Reged: 02/10/05
Re: Cannot seem to install movie file [Re: smile711]
      #20823 - 08/10/05 06:52 PM

Have you ever actually run the TCPMP program? That makes a difference sometimes. If that doesn't fix it, get a card reader.

maceyr

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Canada
Re: Cannot seem to install movie file [Re: neo979]
      #21459 - 10/19/05 07:41 PM

Installing anything over a few MB in size via Hotsync is a frustrating experience. First, it will literally take way too long to do, especially, if you're installing a 100MB file. Better to get a card reader for $15 or less at the nearest computer, or electronics store. Then, try transferring the file over and it's done in minutes, not hours.

Otherwise, pay the same amount of money for Card Export II. Or trying PFB (Palm File Browser. I'd suggest getting the card reader since it works on anything with USB.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6710

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage