Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> Dell Pocket PC

Pages: 1
vdub
veteran

Reged: 08/14/03
wifi and battery questions
      #20940 - 08/23/05 02:54 PM

i just got hold of a dell axim x3i, but i have no disc or cradle. ofcourse the pda was dead when i got it so i purchased a usb connector charger cheap off ebay. this charged the main battery fine but it states that the backup battery has failed. is there any way to get it to recharge???

also, i have a hp3715 which connects to my wireless network fine, but this dell im having trouble with. i have a wireless 54g netgear routher. with wpa security. if i take the two pdas side by side they have different setting screens to get to wifi. the dell recognizes my ssid but wont connect? i have even put in my password

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
vdub
veteran

Re: wifi and battery questions [Re: vdub]
      #21055 - 09/04/05 02:25 PM

anyoneeeeeeee out there

trouville

Reged: 03/30/05
Loc: France
      #21057 - 09/05/05 03:31 AM

I agree about the lack of respose hear Dell should have someone provide answers,
My wi-fi works wonderfully,but when it comes to a pass word that was a real problem,eventually a screen began apearing to ask for the password then we were online.How you get this screen if it dosent apear ive no-idea!

The back up battery is somthing ive been very careful about,im sure that as with PCs calculators and other PPCs you will have to open it and change a small flat cell.for that you will have to call Dell
Their service is really the best!fast helpful so much so im REALLY glad i bought a Dell and not only becouse it was the best from spec and price!!

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
      #21089 - 09/08/05 12:50 AM

The backup battery should charge once the main battery is fully charged. Try leaving it on the charger overnight, if you haven't already. It may take several overnight charging cycles to revive it.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

vdub
veteran

Re: wifi and battery questions [Re: LisaG]
      #21103 - 09/09/05 11:13 AM

i have charged it for a good 24 hrs, i guess ill try longer. I am charging it via a usb connected to my desktop. i do not have a wall charger or cradle. i did notice that if i unplug it and dont use it for a day 10percent battery decreases. seems to be alot.

also i cant seem to figure out how to get wifi working on it. i have a hp 3715 that picks the wifi up fine. my router settins are using the wpa sk security.
when i turn the dell on , enable wife, then goto dell wlan utility it shows all the signals in area, and i find mine, but it wont connect. it seems to connect to others????

trouville

Reged: 03/30/05
Loc: France
      #21107 - 09/09/05 05:51 PM

my dell will find availabe hotspots then ask you which connection you want--thats wonderful the alternative of telling yur pda which conection your looking for as with hp is nota good one

PDAs seem to be forgoten softwear wise perhaps to few use them becouse palm were the main provider at first and like apple provided a high price non marketable product.now Dell and others have really good PDAs and dell in particular with624 procesor we need softwear

Ive used my dell this year where laptops couldent go,and with a wi-fi finder can use my PDA imagin carrying a laptop even a 12inch one just hopeing to find a hotspot/cafe my Dell went in my pocket as i left my boat and i was able to breakfast or have lunch on a small table while cheching replying to my emails and surfing!

PDAs may seem to week/small at home but travelling there perfect the Dell with 624 processor and second battery in particular--PDA batterys dont cost as much as laptop ones!!!

vdub
veteran

Re: wifi and battery questions [Re: trouville]
      #21118 - 09/10/05 07:33 PM

ok, that helped me not at all,

anyways, ive been charging constantly and the backup battery still says

abnomral, the back up battery has failed,

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
      #21122 - 09/11/05 03:16 PM

Bummer. That model doesn't have a user replaceable coin cell backup battery, so the only thing you could do is send it to Dell for repair .

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 8654

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage