MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Palm OS PDAs >> Palm Inc.

Pages: 1
Lezlee

Reged: 09/17/05
Tungsten T3 and Kinoma Producer
      #21167 - 09/17/05 12:30 PM

I have a Tungsten T3 and a Macintosh OS (Tiger). I love them both. T3 been working fine. All I want to do is play a 1 MB
video clip. So I downoaded a two week trial version of Kinoma Producer. I installed it on my desktop and I have attempted to hotsync it 3 times to my T3 but it won't even tranfer. It still sits in my "install handheld file" window.
I want to install it on my 256MB SD card. I've done this before with large applications so it won't crash my T3. I've already gone through that experience twice when I first bought my T3.
In fact when I click onto "add On" in that same "install handheld file" window the kinoma file is greyed out. I am hesitant to buy Kinoma because there is no telephone # or any telephone support. I have also posted this on their forum which seems to be the only way to get help.
What is it that I am doing wrong?
Lezlee

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
neo979
PDA Addict

Reged: 02/10/05
Re: Tungsten T3 and Kinoma Producer [Re: Lezlee]
      #21170 - 09/17/05 08:17 PM

What exactly are you trying to install on the PDA? Your post makes it sound like you are trying to install Kinoma Producer, the desktop application, in both places. The PDA program, Kinoma Player 3 EX, is a separate program (and must be purchased as well).

I have used the Kinoma 3 suite successfully with a Palm OS device on my PowerBook running Mac OS X, but I don't know if it is really worth purchasing now that TCPMP is available and free. Kinoma Producer 3 automates the process of compressing movies into very small, PDA-efficient files, but you need a very fast PDA to play such files. Yours should be fine, but models like the Zire 71 and Tungsten|E1 won't have much luck.

ManoloKosh

Reged: 10/12/05
Re: Tungsten T3 and Kinoma Producer [Re: neo979]
      #21378 - 10/12/05 04:48 PM

I prefer TCPMP, is free and no onversion rquired to see MPEG or DIVX

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4365

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage