Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Jacob_SpindelModerator
Moderator and writer

Reged: 11/21/05
iPod News: Sonic Fusion Releases i-Fusion Rechargeable iPod Speakers
      #21784 - 11/21/05 08:35 PM

With a goal of creating a new level of portability for iPod users, Sonic Impact has introduced i-Fusion, the first rechargeable and truly portable speaker case system with docking station made exclusively for the iPod and iPod mini.

Granted the official "Made for iPod" designation by Apple, i-Fusion is like a mini boom box built within a rugged storage case for all variations of the iPod, including the iPod nano. In addition to the speaker system and docking station, the case features a pop open door for storing any size iPod and a second compartment with a lithium ion battery and room for storing earbuds.

For the first time within the industry, users while traveling now can fully protect their sound system and iPod as well as downsize their travel items from three to one.

At just 2.75 inches in thickness, the design makes i-Fusion an ideal accessory for all types of iPod users in all types of travel and leisure situations ?? from families on camping vacations, college kids at the beach, professionals on business trips to couples sitting on their back porches.

The system also features a built-in iPod Docking Station Connector for playing, downloading and recharging. i-Fusion can play music up to 15 hours and it features an AC adaptor.

i-Fusion features a premium sound system using neodymium drivers for clarity, ported speaker housings and advanced Maxxbass? technology for enhanced bass response while minimizing distortion. The hard case also serves as an audio enhancer. Sonic Impact engineers chose the optimal materials, size and density of the hard case to optimize the audio output.

At a suggested retail price of $149.99, i-Fusion is available at Apple Stores, Target Stores, Circuit City, Radio Shack, Apple.com and many other retail locations.

An iPod shuffle-compatible version of the i-Fusion ?? called i-Pax ?? will be available in the coming weeks at Target, Apple, and other select locations.

Summary of i-Fusion Highlights:
  • Features a built-in iPod Docking Station Connector for playing, downloading and recharging.
  • Recharges iPod while docked.
  • Port for downloading iPod while docked.