MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Palm OS PDAs >> Sony Clie

Pages: 1
him8nc

Reged: 01/07/03
Loc: USA
Keyboard on eBay - Did I get ripped off???
      #2204 - 01/07/03 05:17 PM

Just received the Targus Stowaway keyboard I bought on eBay for my Clie S360, but now I am wondering if I got ripped off.

Went to the Targus web site to see the documentation for using the keyboard and it says to install the Stowaway CD.

No CD arrived with this stinking keyboard.

I even emailed the guy before placing a bid to ask if this keyboard would work on an S360 because I had so much trouble finding a model that would.

What am I supposed to do with it without a CD?

I paid $49 for it, and could have bought a brand new one for that same price with the rebate.

I'm starting to get cranky.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaG
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Keyboard on eBay - Did I get ripped off??? [Re: him8nc]
      #2205 - 01/07/03 05:36 PM

Don't worry. ThinkOutside actually makes the Stowaway. You can download the driver and user guide here: http://www.thinkoutside.com/support/index.html

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

him8nc

Reged: 01/07/03
Loc: USA
Re: Keyboard on eBay - Did I get ripped off??? [Re: LisaG]
      #2206 - 01/07/03 09:16 PM

Holy crap! This is the most awesome toy I've ever bought myself.

Thanks LisaG! You have made me very happy. I got the drivers downloaded and test the keyboard. How wonderful!

Do you have any idea how long the battery will last before needing to be recharged with this thing?

I'm in college full-time and I would love to use this to take notes. I type 98 wpm and it would be much nicer than having handcramps.

Back with notebook PCs were brand new I bought one and took it to the college I was attending at that time. Used it to take notes in class and it really helped me get awesome grades since my notes were so thorough. Had this 80-year-old teacher who got furious and bawled me out in front of the entire class one day. My classmates were stunned and I was so mad! Several people told her, "Um, she's taking notes, not playing!"

Anyway, my classes are from 50 minutes to 1 1/2 hours long. I don't go all day, but I do go about half a day each day.

I'm also a freelance writer and this little baby will be great to make myself work on assignments. I've found that when I sit down in the computer lab or at home, I have no self control and end up playing on the Internet for hours. I need a 12-step program!!!

Would I be OK if I charge my Clie each night? Right now I use it for address book and date book, and I charge it every 2 or 3 nights. Only had trouble once when I forgot to charge and it got wiped out.

Thanks bunches!

LisaG
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Keyboard on eBay - Did I get ripped off??? [Re: him8nc]
      #2207 - 01/08/03 09:49 AM

The keyboard really shouldn't shorten runtimes more than 20%.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6308

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage