MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
FrankS

Reged: 12/16/05
Asus A636?
      #22095 - 12/19/05 01:01 PM

Hello, I'm new on this forum. I'm doubting wheter I should buy a Asus A636. I need this device for GPS reasons and mainly because I work with a rescuedog in nature and have to track our routes and make waypoints. Besides that I will use this device for regular pda reasons and for finding my route in car. The alternative is a ipaq 2490 with a seperate GPS receiver. The most important criteria to choose are battery life and a very good receipt of sattelites also in wooden areas. Thanks. Frank.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Asus A636? [Re: FrankS]
      #22156 - 12/25/05 01:56 AM

We're still waiting for ASUS to release the US version of the A636 to us, so can't tell you from first hand experience. I have heard that the non-US version has excellent battery life and the US version should be the exact same in that department.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

FrankS

Reged: 12/16/05
Re: Asus A636? [Re: LisaG]
      #22228 - 01/05/06 05:59 PM

Thanks Lisa. I've bought the Asus A636. The first impressions are good, but I'm not sure if battery life is so good as tested on http://www.mobile-review.com/pda/review/asus-a636-en.shtml. After one hour walking with GPS on the battery was reduced by 30%.
Why did you attend me on the link http://www.cell-phone-accessories.com/cell-phone-battery.html?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2758

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage