MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> Toshiba Pocket PC

Pages: 1
MsGayle

Reged: 12/29/05
Toshiba Pocket PC e310 NO VIDEO
      #22190 - 12/29/05 10:36 PM

Boy did I make a big mistake! I installed Norton Internet Security on my desktop computer with my PPC in the cradle. During the installation I recall reading something about closing programs and other devices.... yada yada Well anyway, everything went well with the installation on my computer but when I removed my PPC from the cradle, it's screen was blank. I did a reset and nothing. I did a hard reset and nothing but the familiar tones when you do a hard reset. It acts like it is working just fine during syncing but just gives me a lited grey screen. Through the active sync program I was able to go in and see all the folders and files that were stored in it. Any idea what I might have fried or what I can do. Or if it is even worth it???
Thanks for any suggestion you might have
Another lesson learned
MsGayle

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaG
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Toshiba Pocket PC e310 NO VIDEO [Re: MsGayle]
      #22534 - 02/03/06 02:36 PM

I think the desktop software installation was just a conincidence. I can't think of any way it could ever damage PDA hardware. It sounds like either the LCD, LCD controller or the cable that connects them has fallen ill. If a hard reset doesn't revive the display then a repair or replacement may be in order . Given that LCD repairs run over $100 and the e310 is pretty old, it might be a better deal to replace it with a newer model PPC.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 11527

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage