MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
Kellyfos

Reged: 01/05/06
Palm or Windows..Smartphone
      #22227 - 01/05/06 05:25 PM

Hi all,
I'm woefully behind the times and am seeking advice. I currently use a Verizon mobile phone, a blackberry, and a Palm Pilot (an old IIIC). And I'd like to merge into one device and move up to the Smartphone but am just not sure if I should get the 650 or the new 700W.

My contacts and calendar are all in Palm OS, I do have Outlook on my PC but don't use it at this time. I work for a small company that still uses AOL for email - this may change as we grow but for now it's AOL. I'm out of the office a lot so I use the blackberry all the time.

I'm torn between the Palm OS where all my contacts are. And the Windows. If I go with windows, can I sync all the data that's currently in my Palm? Can I use AOL for either?

Does the email work like it does on the Blackberry?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
THANK YOU,
-Kelly

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Julian_Suwandi
PDA Addict

Reged: 11/15/05
Loc: Twin Cities, MN
Re: Palm or Windows..Smartphone [Re: Kellyfos]
      #22253 - 01/07/06 03:44 PM

I guess it also depends on who your provider is. The Treo 650 has more apps, and also available for all of the cellular providers. it is however unstable especially when it is multitasking. Palm OS was not meant for multi tasking. A good alternative is the Sony Ericsson P910A, which will work with Cingular or T-Mobile. For Verizon, I'd recommend the XV6700, a Windows Mobile 5.0 device. The Sprint PPC-6700 is the exact phone with the XV-6700. I find the latter two to be more stable than the Treo. The P910A is the most stable but its on Symbian.

--------------------
--
Visit my blog at xynos.blogspot.com

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2115

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage