MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> Dell Pocket PC

Pages: 1
rb67

Reged: 02/01/06
Just A Wee Bit Confused
      #22513 - 02/02/06 02:25 AM

OK, I just ordered my first PDA, an Axim x30. What I am trying to understand is; what battery types and SD card types do I need when I receive the unit? San Disk is one brand but there are several models and types. What long lasting batt. do I get? Sheesh, I thought my Nikon D70s was a handful.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Julian_Suwandi
PDA Addict

Reged: 11/15/05
Loc: Twin Cities, MN
Re: Just A Wee Bit Confused [Re: rb67]
      #22523 - 02/03/06 04:16 AM

Just get the OEM batteries from Dell. It already comes with one. Also for SD cards, stick to the name brands like Sandisk. Brands like Adata may be offering competitive prices, however, my experience with them is dicey at best.

--------------------
--
Visit my blog at xynos.blogspot.com

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Just A Wee Bit Confused [Re: rb67]
      #22527 - 02/03/06 07:30 PM

What SD Card you need depends on how much stuff you'll want to install or store on the card. The come in a large variety of capacities and anything from 256 megs to 2 gigs is commonly available. You likely won't need 2 gigs unless you'll be carrying large databases such as medical references or a few full length movie. We have reviews of several brands of cards on our site. Getting a super high speed card isn't too important unless you plan on watching videos from the card.

Dell sells spare batteries should you need one and Mugen is another popular brand which tends to be a bit cheaper and higher capacity.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

rb67

Reged: 02/01/06
Re: Just A Wee Bit Confused [Re: LisaG]
      #22535 - 02/03/06 08:37 PM

Thanks, both of you. When you have film cameras, digital cameras and all the accompanying batteries, memory cards and paraphenalia that comes with this territory, it gets a bit overwhelming to break new ground, such as a PDA. Anyhow, I shall now be off to the races.

If anyone knows of an answer or path to my other question, concerning PDA photographic exposure data, I would be appreciative. TCrowe

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 13181

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage