MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> HP iPAQ Pocket PC

Pages: 1
Ree

Reged: 02/03/06
HP1910
      #22526 - 02/03/06 01:49 AM

I have had my Ipaq for quite a few years (I guess that's obvious from its model!) I have relied on it for very simple actions, kept my contacts, calendar, etc syncronised with my laptop. But now I'm getting enthusiastic to try more with it. I have downloaded Windows Media 8 and wmv files have audio, but no video. Can anyone help me with why this would be?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jacob_SpindelModerator
Moderator and writer

Reged: 11/21/05
Re: HP1910 [Re: Ree]
      #22548 - 02/03/06 11:13 PM

Probably because you don't have the right codec. The latest version of WMP is WMP 10, which not even my 1940 supports.

Try TCPMP. If that doesn't work, you're probably out of luck, except for transcoding the video on some other computing device.

P.S. I know you didn't ask about WiFi, but just so you don't waste any time, the 1910's SD slot did not support SDIO. Supposedly, HP once said that a firmware upgrade would add support for SDIO, but this never happened.

--------------------
Chief iPod Correspondent
Senior Time Waster
Extreme Moderator
Moderate Extremist
Captain of the Planet Express
Assistant Jedi Librarian
--------------------

Ree

Reged: 02/03/06
Re: HP1910 [Re: Jacob_Spindel]
      #22555 - 02/04/06 08:58 PM

Thanks for that, Jacob. I do have TCPMP loaded and have a brief video put on by my PC technician some time ago, and it works fine. However, when I have downloaded a small video, I get sound only. I guess I will have to settle with what I've got with this older iPAQ. My recent birthday present was an MP3 player, so now I'm trying to get my head around that! Not so easy getting older......

Julian_Suwandi
PDA Addict

Reged: 11/15/05
Loc: Twin Cities, MN
Re: HP1910 [Re: Ree]
      #22556 - 02/04/06 10:59 PM

hello, it seems that you do not have the right codec to play the videos. players like tcpmp and windows media are jack of all trade, which meant that they're meant to play a variety of different types of files. if you have the right codec (or instructions), you'd be able to see the videos. codecs change over time, and they get obsoleted and replaced with newer technologies. you need to get the latest bunch of codecs, and that should solve the issue.

--------------------
--
Visit my blog at xynos.blogspot.com

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4505

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage