MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> Dell Pocket PC

Pages: 1
niekrijs

Reged: 02/07/06
Dell AximX30
      #22582 - 02/07/06 08:49 AM

I want to buy a Dell AximX30, Bluetooth, WiFi, a 624 MHz processor and 64 megs of RAM.
Dell doesn't seem to sell those anymore (upgrades to newer models like X50).
Anyone has suggestions?

Thanx,
niek

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
rb67

Reged: 02/01/06
Re: Dell AximX30 [Re: niekrijs]
      #22587 - 02/07/06 03:07 PM

Just a thought...I recently purchased a beautiful Axim x30 from a seller on eBay. Just the one you're looking for, 624, bluetooth, infra red and all the bells and whistles. A word to the wise about eBay. Always be sure that you check the feedback of a seller. If less than about 95%, forget it. Also, read the description carefully. If the seller says there is "just a tiny scratch, dimple or whatever descriptor they use", keep looking. Be patient. There are a large amount of Axim x30's for sale there. (Going price between $165.00-$210.00)

I have learned over many years of buying photographic equip. on eBay that the above will almost always assure you of a fantastic buy.

Cheers...TCrowe

urdrwho

Reged: 03/29/06
Re: Dell AximX30 [Re: niekrijs]
      #23272 - 03/29/06 01:39 PM

I've been shopping for one but I refuse to pay the sucker price.

There is actually an on line Amazon seller asking over $400 for one. They say it is new but it is still 2 or 3 year old tech stuff. There isn't a computer existing that appreciates, they all depreciate. There are others selling used and refurbs in the high $200 to low $300 range. Dell has an X51 on their outlet, almost identical to the X30. The X51 has a lower MHz but I doubt if the human eye would notice it and you get an updated OS. The Dell outlet price is $350.

I would hesitate, no I'll be more to the point, I would not trust a seller that is trying to charge me a price that is higher than original pricing. I looked at old X30 reviews for all three models and back in 2004 the price for a top of the line X30 was $349.

Buyer beware and just let the sellers sit on their over priced items. I believe in paying a fair price for a fair sale.

<<The X30 Model Lineup

The basic model has a 312 MHz processor, 32 megs of RAM and no wireless.
The middle model has Bluetooth, WiFi. Top of the line model costs $349.>>

Malvain

Reged: 03/30/06
Re: Dell AximX30 [Re: urdrwho]
      #23297 - 03/30/06 10:16 AM

The Axim x30 is a great machine. Although battery life is somewhat short. The going price of these things should be about $250 for a new x30 with 624mhz. The only issue is that its running on WM2003 version vs. Windows 5. Although I dont know if thats good or not based on the horror stories ppl are talking about for tha latter

urdrwho

Reged: 03/29/06
Re: Dell AximX30 [Re: Malvain]
      #23338 - 04/01/06 04:36 PM

It seems everyone on all the different forums know what the value / price should be EXCEPT the sellers on Amazon. Who would buy a used X30 for $249, $269 and higher. Maybe they are collectors?

Quote:

The Axim x30 is a great machine. Although battery life is somewhat short. The going price of these things should be about $250 for a new x30 with 624mhz. The only issue is that its running on WM2003 version vs. Windows 5. Although I dont know if thats good or not based on the horror stories ppl are talking about for tha latter

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 15394

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage