Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> Pocket PC General Discussion

Pages: 1
TonerISO9001

Reged: 03/07/06
Need solution to error message 85010014 on vx6700 with Outlook
      #22957 - 03/07/06 06:03 PM

3/7/2006 6:41 PM

Help Please! I receive win5 error message 85010014 on vx6700 when attempting to activesync 4.1 with outlook on my PC. I've spent days speaking with Verizon's level three pda techs and UT Starcom's (manufacturer) tech's and MicroSoft with zero solution. Verizon has replaced phone once after they determined phone was problem (correct?). No one has proposed solution. To date, Verizon suggests replacing phone with other. I've spent hours working with Verizon, UT Starcom(manufacturer) and MicroSoft. I've eliminated ALL firewalls and anti-virus programs, I've uninstalled outlook and uninstalled Activesync 4.1 then rebooted the CPU and reinstalled outlook and reinstalled Activesync 4.1 and STILL I get error message 85010014. Does anyone have a solution to this problem. Microsoft in their largess completely ignore the fact that they have visited another piece of error prone, non-functional software upon the world!
Factor #2 - how do you set the device so the screen doesn't lock and the screen illumination cease to function? The entire functionality of this device is achieved through the touch screen. I've noticed that I can be speaking on the device and the screen illumination ceases. I am unable to bring back the illumination and functionality of the device while still on the phone call. I must terminate the call and reassert the phone connection for the device to function. Verizon PDA tech offered no assistance in solving this problem.
Please assist if you can, Thanks.
Plug of possible interest #1 - You'll notice our name is TonerISO9001; That is short for Toner Supply of ISO9001-QUALITY CERTIFIED Printing Supplies. We manufacture toners that exceed global specifications by generically 140% as CERTIFIED and Re-Certified every six months by the International Organization of Standards-9001/2000, the International Electro Mechanical Commission as adherent to the print yield status 19752 and CERTIFIED EU-CE. Our toners offer an almost 300% cost effectiveness improvement for the user. Anyone want to improve their dollar efficiency? Please contact us, we can help you lower your costs. We are multi-patented for over 30 years in establishing global standards. toner9001@gmail.com.
Plug of possible interest #2 - For all of us mobile warriors - lower your gasoline expenses by 25% at any gas station in all 50 United States. Go to: www.carGAScheap.com and watch the movie in the upper right link.
Walter. PS...thanks in advance for your help on the d-mn PDA.
Walter

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Need solution to error message 85010014 on vx6700 with Outlook [Re: TonerISO9001]
      #23021 - 03/12/06 06:13 PM

I'm guessing this is a software Firewall problem. Are you running, Zone Alarm Pro, MacAffee or Norton security apps? If so, you'll probably have to set them to all ActiveSync connections. Microsoft has a support page about this-- firewalls and ActiveSync 4 do not get alone. And FYI, please no ads in your posts.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

pinball2k

Reged: 03/14/06
Loc: San Francisco CA
Re: Need solution to error message 85010014 on vx6700 with Outlook [Re: TonerISO9001]
      #23035 - 03/14/06 06:05 PM

>>Error 85010014

I got that error message on my new T-Mobile MDA. I think that error is fairly generic but here's what my problem turned out to be. This may not be yous.

I too was trying to Sync with Outlook. This was on my local copy of my contacts etc. data on my laptop. What I found out was that it MAY/MAY NOT work with Outlook if you are not attached (communicating) to the Exchange server when you try to Syn. I was able to VPN and attache to Exchange and while attached it did Sync my Contacts and Calendar.

This makes no sense to me but it did work. The Read Me file on the CD had some mention of this issue.

Hope that helps.

PS, I have since returned the phone for other reasons.

JD

OPgary

Reged: 04/22/06
      #23627 - 04/22/06 10:44 AM

I have the same problem. But I did find a solution that I think might help. I tried loading 4.1 on my laptop running Outlook SP2, it would not work, same error message every time "85010014" So out of frustration I loaded it on my other laptop and it worked. I realized that the only difference between the two was that the second laptop has Outlook SP1. Both laptops are running the same software, both have Norton and are configured the same way. I would love to find the solution, could there be something in SP2 that creates this problem?

whaberman

Reged: 04/21/06
      #24219 - 06/17/06 07:11 PM

I hade that same error...I downloaded the 4.1 and still had the error. I then went ahead and downloaded the beta 4.2 and have not had any problems.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, Jacob_Spindel, LisaG, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 7961

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage