MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Palm OS PDAs >> Palm Inc.

Pages: 1
Ant

Reged: 03/23/06
MemoryMgr.c, line:3654, Free handle in Tungsten C (PalmOS 5)
      #23157 - 03/23/06 01:54 PM

Hello,

My father's Tungsten C (PalmOS 5) is crashing like crazy (started a few days ago). We tried running Filez (to clear Web* files from what I read online [http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?&Board=UBB1&Number=7995] is not possible since it gives the error here too) and AvantGo will give "MemoryMgr.c, line:3654, Free handle" errors.

How do I fix this? Is there another Filez program to use? I am new to PDA since I never owned one before so please keep it newbie friendly.

Thank you in advance.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jacob_SpindelModerator
Moderator and writer

Reged: 11/21/05
Re: MemoryMgr.c, line:3654, Free handle in Tungsten C (PalmOS 5) [Re: Ant]
      #23160 - 03/23/06 08:27 PM

Well, it seems to me that randomly deleting files you don't fully understand will almost certainly cause crashes rather than resolving them.

Chances are that someone installed some incompatible software to the T|C, or just too much software and ran out of memory. Try removing any software packages you installed recently, if any, to see if you can isolate a problem. If this doesn't work, you may have to do a hard reset and start from scratch after moving your backup folder to avoid resyncing your old configuration. Then restore your programs one at a time to see which one(s) cause(s) problems.

--------------------
Chief iPod Correspondent
Senior Time Waster
Extreme Moderator
Moderate Extremist
Captain of the Planet Express
Assistant Jedi Librarian
--------------------

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: MemoryMgr.c, line:3654, Free handle in Tungsten C (PalmOS 5) [Re: Ant]
      #23182 - 03/25/06 10:24 PM

If you're getting the MemoryMgr.c, line:3654 error even when trying to run Filez then you might have to hard reset the Palm. Filez is very light weight and pretty much the de facto standard for Palm file managers. You could try this one to see if it does the trick first: http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/fileprog.shtml

Jacob, while deleting files from the Palm might not sound like a good idea, for the Tungsten C, using Filez to delete the web browser's history files usually cures the dreaded MemoryMgr.c error.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5512

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage