MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Wireless and Mobile Phones >> Treo

Pages: 1
RadioViking

Reged: 07/12/06
Treo for dummies?
      #24498 - 07/12/06 10:40 PM

I must be the only guy on the planet not happy with the new Treo 700p. After 5 days of messing with the manual, the phone and the software, about all I can get to work is the phone, though I remove the battery to make sure I've really turned if off. The light keeps blinking after you turn if off.

The installation stuff is pretty complicated. I don't like installing software anyway. Have not been able to migrate the calendar with four years of entries from my old palm unit to this one. So I carry the Treo in one pocket and my old PDA in the other.

I would start over but can't figure out how to delete the software from my computer and reload all the software from scratch. It's a nice device but I can't do the start up. Tech support hasn't been much help either. My old phone and my old PDA were never this complicated. I need a "Treo For Dummies" book.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Treo for dummies? [Re: RadioViking]
      #24537 - 07/16/06 10:01 PM

Believe it or not, Palm actually sells a Now You Know Treo book, which is a kind of Treo for dummies book.

The light should not blink after you turn off the phone's radio.

If you used a different HotSync name for the Treo, you've discovered that Palm Desktop stores all info (contacts, calendar, to-dos and notes) as specific to a user name and doesn't share them with other devices. You'll either need to select all events and copy them from the PDA user's account in Palm Desktop to the Treo, or use Palm's merge feature in Palm Desktop to copy them to the new Treo.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

fred333

Reged: 01/15/08
Re: Treo for dummies? [Re: LisaG]
      #29455 - 01/17/08 02:55 PM

Thanks for the tips. I was having the same problem with a Treo of mine.

--------------------
Always looking for cell phone accessories.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, Greg, Jacob_Spindel, LisaG, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 13556

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage