MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums

Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> Dell Pocket PC

Pages: 1

Reged: 09/01/06
Mobile 5 Problems
      #25055 - 09/01/06 06:08 AM

Why is it that everytime windows anything comes along that all our software seems to take a dump? I loved my previous PPC's until I bought my Dell.... Which by the way is running windows mobile 5. and now all of a sudden I can no longer sync with ACT Even though I upgraded to the latest version of Active sync. Even the latest version of ACT will not endorse mobile 5... Whats up? Am I the only business guy who needs things to work right? Any solutions? Or Suggestions? I'm all ears.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Mobile 5 Problems [Re: Tony1234]
      #25068 - 09/03/06 11:53 PM

I have a feeling it's because ActiveSync 4 made big changes behind the scenes: instead of using a USB / serial protocol as did ActiveSync 3.8 and older for WM2003, it uses networking protocols. However, WM5 has been out for quite some time and I don't know why the folks who make ACT haven't updated their software yet.

Have you ever been able to sync the WM5 Dell to ACT?

Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Reged: 09/01/06
Re: Mobile 5 Problems [Re: LisaG]
      #25593 - 10/24/06 04:18 AM

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I actually forgot about it, till now. I was searching once again for answers and I found my own question post on the web. (How wierd it that?)
Anyway my cell took ill and I bought the new Treo 700wx which I love by the way. I tried laplink 3.3 and it seemed to work transfering all of my contacts. But when I tried to set appointments on ACT and have it sync, I only get very limited info to cross over. I have tried to talk to laplink but have not found a solutions as of yet... Thanks for your interest.. Tony

Reged: 12/15/07
Re: Mobile 5 Problems [Re: Tony1234]
      #29230 - 12/15/07 05:04 PM

I just Purchased a new out of the box Pocket Pc from Dell off of Ebay I am having problems with software down loads and other problems to, I am new to this type of forum so can someone please help me.

Moderator and writer

Reged: 11/21/05
Re: Mobile 5 Problems [Re: 2007mickens]
      #29258 - 12/19/07 06:44 AM

Hello 2007mickens,

Please start a new thread and describe the specific issues you are having so we can do our best to assist you.

Apple News Correspondent
Captain of the Planet Express Jr.
Assistant Jedi Librarian

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 18838

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at | Privacy statement Go to homepage