MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Miscellaneous

Pages: 1
SAM_TRONY

Reged: 09/09/06
BE AWARE ... moister in HP iPAQ hw6515 Mobile Messenger can set the water detector causing
      #25138 - 09/09/06 07:25 AM

To be honest, I loved the HP iPAQ hw6515 Mobile Messenger and all its features (GSP, GSM, Mobile Windows, 2 SD Slots ... etc) but I was blown away! After using it for just 6 months that I have to pay AUD $606.00 to repair what HP claims was a ?user error? and that the WATER DETECTOR seal was broken!!! The device costs about $899+$99 (2 years warranty thinking that I was covering all aspects!) And I have to pay $606 to get if fix! EVEN if I refuse the quote I have to pay AUD $66.00!!

My initial problem was the HP iPAQ mobile restarting (soft boot) itself unexpectedly to many times. I called the HP technical support complaining about the issue. The support personnel tried to have me upgrade the ROM from the www.hp.com.au site. The upgrade procedure failed and I had to send the device to the service centre designated by HP. After 2 weeks I get a quote of $606.00 stating something about WATER DETECTOR SEAL was set off and the ?keyboard? + ?main board? are damaged!!

When I spoke to one of the personnel at HP requesting more information and explanation of why I was being quoted that huge about, she stated the "You will be amazed how little water can set the seal off". I explained I do not understand ? I called for different problem and NOW you are telling me that I damaged the device ? even worst ? WATER DAMAGE. When talking to the last lady complaining she was as cold as a WALL. No reaction or a word of solution. It is either you pay $606 or $66 ? they are getting the money both ways wether my problem is fixed or NOT.

Now I am stuck (NO logic of paying $606 ? I can just go and buy I new one) I bought accessories and software that cost about AUD $400. I LOST MY TRUST IN SUCH DEVICE to own another similar. Talking to HP technical support is like talking to idiots who are taught to fix a car puncture with a saw.

Just be aware of how to handle this device...

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5913

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage