Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Wireless and Mobile Phones >> Treo

Pages: 1
gsandra1cis

Reged: 10/09/06
Treo 700w from Verizon Wireless
      #25453 - 10/09/06 09:41 PM

Hello:
I currently own a Treo 600 and I have had PDA phones since Kyosera first came up. I do not need the Internet package. I basically need the phone to use it as a PDA to synch my Outlook calendar, my contacts and tasks.
I went to Verizon in Pembroke Pines Florida to buy a new Treo 700w since the old 600 completely died. The person that attended me in Verizon told me that I have to buy the Internet package (min $20 a month) to use this phone because the phone goes online by itself, and then I'll be charged. To me ... this is unbelievable! Is this a trick of the Verizon sales person to get more customers sign up for more money, or is this true? How can Palm come up with a design where the phone will go to the Internet by itself forcing customers to get hooked to more expensive plans??? Of course ... I left the store, and did not purchase the phone. Can anybody that owns this phone tell me if this is true?
Thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, Greg, Jacob_Spindel, LisaG, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 9206

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage