MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Wireless and Mobile Phones >> Bluetooth

Pages: 1
MG42

Reged: 12/09/06
Playing low-quality MP3 audio over Bluetooth (Samsung Blackjack)
      #26119 - 12/09/06 03:59 PM

I've recently purchased a Blackjack, and I'm quite interested in using to play recorded MP3s of my talk radio shows. The recordings are 24-64kbps recordings from broadcast, so I'm fine with low-quality mono playback. I seem to be in the minority in that most people are interested in enjoying high-quality music playback.

At any rate, after pairing my Blackjack with my Jabra BT350 and switching to the "Headset" profile, phone activity over BT worked fine, but when I fired up the pre-installed WMP to play an MP3, it came over my phone speakers. Disappointing. I was advised by a Windows Mobile developer to "check out A2DP." Apparently, the Blackjack supports this BT A2DP profile (among others) and adjusting this profile might get me what I want. Unfortunately, I can't seem to navigate my menus to anything resembling BT Profiles.

Is this a hardware issue? Do I need a A2DP headset to listen to MP3 from my Blackjack? Would I fare any better with the wired headphones that Samsung offers as an accessory?

Thank you in advance for any guidance.

MG

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Playing low-quality MP3 audio over Bluetooth (Samsung Blackjack) [Re: MG42]
      #26127 - 12/10/06 04:34 PM

To pipe system sounds, video soundtrack and audio the device needs either the A2DP or audio gateway profile. A2DP is for high quality audio, so that's a better one to have and yes, the BlackJack has that profile. The other part of the equation is a headset (usually stereo) with the A2DP profile. Most stereo headsets have the A2DP profile while most standard headsets used for phone calls have only the hands free and headset profiles used to pipe only phone call audio. The BT350 is only for calls. If you take a look at our Bluetooth headset review page, you'll see some of the stereo headsets with A2DP out there.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 12434

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage