MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
candyman56

Reged: 12/23/06
Dell Axim x50 or HP IPAQ HX2495/2795
      #26288 - 12/23/06 09:32 AM

I started my new position a little over a month ago at the company I've been at for 6 years. I'm in a project management role and I've been using sticky notes, spreadsheets, + MS Outlook to keep track of my projects. I'm looking at getting a Pocket PC to start storing that information so it can help me get even more organized. I also want to setup appointment reminders in the PDA.

I see that the Axim x50 and HP IPAQ HX2495/2795 lines also plays MP3's too and have a slot for SD Card. I can't find how big of a card that this could accept, as I would like to store music on it also. I have an IPOD already, but would rather like to just bring this to work than the IPOD.

How well do apps like Excel and Word operate on these PDA's?

Can anyone recommend a good Pocket PC for me?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Dell Axim x50 or HP IPAQ HX2495/2795 [Re: candyman56]
      #26314 - 12/26/06 10:49 AM

Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PCs do a decent job with Word and Excel. However, some advanced formatting might be lost. If you need an even better MS Office suite (if you do use advanced formatting) then check out Softmaker.de's offerings which are excellent.

Those models should work with any standard SD card but not the new high capacity SDHC cards. So Make sure you get a standard card-- those are available up to 4 gigs (there are also 4 gig SDHC cards, don't get those). Transcend 4 gig standard SD cards are pretty easy to get and are reasonably priced.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3226

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage