MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Wireless and Mobile Phones >> Symbian and Maemo Smartphones

Pages: 1
Steve4321

Reged: 12/26/06
Nokia N93; a quick appraisal
      #26343 - 12/28/06 11:07 PM

It is obvious that there has been a mini revolution in mobile phones on account of the emergence of the Nokia N93 and its superb video capture-VGA at 30 frames per second. Other phone makers will now feel compelled to improve for up till now, video capture has been an afterthought. Moving pictures is more advanced than still pictures and is a multimedia ideal. Quality phones such as Sony Ericsson's K800i lack overall credibility because the video recording is third rate. The N93 is also a fine smartphone as well as a great camcorder. If Nokia can decrease the size and weight of the device-without compromising quality-they will have a more accessible phone, for many grumble that it is too large. I personally think it is not too big; afterall it is a camcorder phone and is smaller than a dedicated camcorder. The Nokia N93 camcording smartphone is the quintessential all-rounder.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Steve4321

Reged: 12/26/06
Re: Nokia N93; a quick appraisal [Re: Steve4321]
      #26606 - 01/25/07 09:43 AM

Well, well, well....if the N93 was a revolution, the N93i is an evolution. The principle of Charles Darwin's survival of the fittest by natural selection has been applied brutally here. The N93 could not weather the storm of criticism over its size and weight. So earlier this month Nokia announced its replacement: the N93i. This new model is lighter in weight(163g vs 180g), and smaller in dimension (108*58*25mm vs 118*55*28mm). It also boasts a 16M colour screen vs 262144 colours. The stereo microphones have been annexed and replaced by a single mono-mic. The generous tactile keypad has been banished for a metal-MotoRazr type. The mistake of excluding stereo Bluetooth and a Xenon flash has been repeated. The revisions are not far reaching enough. The detractors of the N93 mainly complained of size, weight and reliability of software. The size and weight have not been radically reduced; consumers will still complain. Everybody seems to be wearing tights- nobody wants excess luggage!! I just hope they've stabilised the firmware: no more freezing, hanging or auto-shut off. Nevertheless it is doubtful that they will continue to build both versions concurrently. Are we witnessing the death of the late great N93???

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 11273

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage