MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
rma

Reged: 01/08/07
Cingular Data Plans?
      #26435 - 01/08/07 11:54 PM

I read on mobiletechreview.com that the Blackjack is technically a "smartphone", not a pocket pc. Therefore, Cingular should allow the $20/month plan for basic data (email, etc.). An eBay user confirmed that Cingular would do this. I called Cingular this morning and after 10 minutes on hold, the rep said they'd do it. When i went to the store they said they couldn't. I spent an hour on the phone escalating up the line till I ran out of time with them. Cingular defines a "PDA" as anything with a QWERTY keyboard. Basically, you gotta pay the $40/month. I was extremely ticked off after driving to the store after work. Hey, I'm tight! Anybody out there been able to get a blackjack, or similar device on the cheaper plan? I don't really need the two-way communication a QWERTY keyboard would make easier. Primarily, I'd be using email to ensure things aren't getting out of hand at the office while I'm out and about. The 3125 would probably suffice for that, it just really peeved me off to go round and round with the sales reps.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Cingular Data Plans? [Re: rma]
      #26437 - 01/09/07 10:47 AM

It's as bummer but the store reps often want the commission on the more expensive data plan. What folks seem to do when they meet a wall with a store rep is to take the more expensive PDA plan, then go online to manage their account and switch to the cheaper account (often the $20/month MediaMax plan which includes Cingular Video).

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2382

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage