MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
Grandhi

Reged: 05/14/07
Treo 755 or PPC 6700?
      #27613 - 05/14/07 04:38 PM

Hi,
The sales person at a Sprint store I visited recently mentioned that Treo 755 runs Windows Mobile. Is that right? I do not have much experience with these but from what I have checked online 755 runs on Palm OS.
Has anyone did a comparison study between Treo 755 and Sprint PPC 6700? I would like to know members' feedback. I am still trying to decide which phone I should get. I prefer Windows Mobile but it is not a must. Sprint is my phone carrier company. I can't really wait for PPC 6800 (for a variety of reasons including rebates )

Thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Treo 755 or PPC 6700? [Re: Grandhi]
      #27616 - 05/15/07 09:58 AM

The Treo 755p is Palm OS. There haven't been any announcements of a Windows Mobile version for Sprint, nor have any details leaked of one. That doesn't mean it's impossible, but it wouldn't be likely in the next two months given how these things tend to leak out a few months in advance.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Grandhi

Reged: 05/14/07
Re: Treo 755 or PPC 6700? [Re: LisaG]
      #27620 - 05/15/07 01:40 PM

Lisa,
Thanks for the clarification.
Can you compare the two for me? Apart from typical functionality of a phone, things like - browsing (especially checking stocls quotes, placing orders etc) and GPS are important for me.
I know that Sprint uses CDMA. Are there any PDAs/phones available that are both GSM and CDMA (that can be used in Sprint network)?

Thanks!

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Treo 755 or PPC 6700? [Re: Grandhi]
      #27622 - 05/15/07 09:26 PM

Neither have built-in full GPS, but you can use Bluetooth external GPS with them. The Treo is easier to use one-handed while the PPC-6700's larger keyboard is nice if you type quite a bit since it's roomier. In general, Windows Mobile has a better web browser than Palm's Blazer browser. On either, you'll find some online banking sites require desktop IE 5 or higher. So check those requirements and see if your stock trading site has a mobile-friendly version if you need to trade stocks rather than just get quotes.

For dual CDMA + GSM, Sprint has the Samsung IP830W which is a very nice Windows Mobile 5 version of the Samsung i730 reviewed on our site. It's a Sprint phone with a SIM card slot for use any GSM carrier.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5536

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage