MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
fallendave20

Reged: 06/19/07
Newbie looking for a smartphone with the following features
      #27877 - 06/19/07 03:46 PM

Heya.

Been reading up on smartphones and got lost in the deluge of reviews over on this newfangled Internet thing. Wanted to know if you guys could help me out.

I'm looking for a phone with the following features:

- Completely Idiot Proof (Main feature )
- Personal Organizer Features and E-mail are the priority
- Built-In Wi-Fi
-GPS and some type of mapquest-esque functionality would be a nice bonus.

The phone absolutely HAS to be GSM in order to accept my provider card (Fido). Furthermore, It would be nice if it were available in Canada

Feel free to ask any questions or point out any stupidities I just wrote should there be any.

Thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Newbie looking for a smartphone with the following features [Re: fallendave20]
      #27892 - 06/20/07 05:41 PM

In general, smartphones aren't as user friendly (err, idiot-proof) as they should be. That said, MS Smartphones (as opposed to Pocket PC phones, their bigger brothers), Nokia S60 and Palm OS devices aren't all that bad once you spend a day or two getting to know them. Probably Nokia S60 is the easiest to learn if you're accustomed to standard mobile phones.

I'm not terribly familiar with what Canadian carriers offer since I'm based in the US. But for readily available imports there's the Nokia N80 with WiFi, and the HTC S710 Windows Mobile smartphone also with WiFi. You could use an accessory Bluetooth GPS with them. There's also the Palm Treo 750 (Palm did a good job making Windows Mobile more friendly) and on the very high end the Nokia N95 which has WiFi, GPS and a 5MP camera. If you're willing to consider BlackBerry as well, the BlackBerry 8800 is very sleek, easy to use and it has a GPS (but alas no WiFi).

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3295

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage