MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
Maleki

Reged: 06/28/07
hx2790 vs rx5915
      #27946 - 06/28/07 12:44 AM

I'm looking to get a PDA for my GF. I've been an iPaq guy for quite a few years(since the 3600) so I'm leaning towards getting one of those. I can see her doing organization(appointments, alarm, etc), mp3s, and email on the go. I'd also like it to have the horsepower play video files. (I used to use mencoder to re-encode video files so I could watch shows while I was going to work. I use the Core player which worked great).

Two machines caught my eye. The hx2790 and the rx5915. I'll have to look around a bit but @ handheldscanada.com the hx2790 goes for 520CDN$ and the rx5915 goes for 533CDN$. It seems like you get a lot of stuff for that 13CDN$. Is there any reason(spec wise) why someone would get the hx2790??

Thanks in advance,

M
p.s. if someone knows of a better pocketpc in the same range please feel free to post it.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: hx2790 vs rx5915 [Re: Maleki]
      #27954 - 06/28/07 03:46 PM

The rx5915 has a GPS and is designed like one of those 'mount on your dash' portable GPS units. It's not designed to be easily pocketed like the hx series. The ergonomics (buttons, controls and etc) are more geared towards in-car GPS use. Worth keeping in mind if your gal wants something that feels and is shaped/sized like a standard iPAQ PDA.

Here are reviews of both:

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/HP-iPAQ-rx5915.htm

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ipaq-hx2790.htm

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Maleki

Reged: 06/28/07
Re: hx2790 vs rx5915 [Re: LisaG]
      #27972 - 07/01/07 10:47 AM

Hmm you could be right. The rx5915 seems to have better specs but the hx2790 has better ergonomics (she doesn't have a car). Since they've fallen out of favour I can't seem to find a retail store that sells iPaqs. Call me old fashioned but I still like to feel something with my hands before I buy it.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4165

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage