Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
xelaenil

Reged: 07/17/07
Loc: NJ, USA
Blackjack
      #28081 - 07/17/07 03:41 PM

This site gave the BJ a very good review. However you did not say anything about the WM application. I am running into appointments missing on the phone. I have gone through everything little troubleshooting guide, updates and all with no correction to the problem. I found it odd that you guys did not talk about in the review. Are people who use this device not having similar problems? if they are, did they fix it? I synchronize with MS outlook 2003. Is there a patch? Please help! otherwise I would need to return an otherwise great phone.

--------------------
All that is well, ends well

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Blackjack [Re: xelaenil]
      #28082 - 07/17/07 07:35 PM

I reviewed the BlackJack and still own and use one. I haven't had a problem with missing appointments at all. But ActiveSync and Windows Mobile aren't bug free. If the appointments are old ones, check to see if your sync options are set to ignore appointments older than x number of days.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

xelaenil

Re: Blackjack [Re: LisaG]
      #28091 - 07/18/07 03:42 PM

Jesus! thank you for replying. My recurring appointments are missing. However if I sync on the day the appointment is due, Then the appointment appears for that particular day only. Can you please specify what version of active sync you are running? and what version of the blackjack phone!

Really appreciate all the help you can provide. I really like the blackjack, but if I cannot fix this, then, I will return it. Also what version of windows mobile you have.

Thanks again

PS. Where can I check the windows options for appointment. I think I will deinstall and reinstall the software on the computer and then on the phone and start again. Not that I really want to do that.

--------------------

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Blackjack [Re: xelaenil]
      #28092 - 07/18/07 10:19 PM

I've used the BlackJack with ActiveSync 4.2 on XP as well as Windows Mobile Device Center under Vista (and Missing Sync on the Mac too). It's a stock unit running Windows Mobile 5 as shipped by Cingular and Samsung.

I would try uninstalling and re-installing ActiveSync.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

xelaenil

Re: Blackjack [Re: LisaG]
      #28093 - 07/18/07 11:08 PM

I removed all software on both units, reset the BJ to factory and started again. I had activesync 4.5 and went back to 4.2. The problem was the same. I found my error in this link...

http://forum.brighthand.com/showthread.php?t=230416

However it is too cumbersome for me to keep tabs on the dates on recurring appointment and tasks. It should be seamless and I need to rely and trust the info on the device.

The person in the article did not know the culprit WM50 or ActiveSync. Because I've used active sync with Windows CE 2.0 and Windows CE 4.0 (on MobilePro) I know for a fact that the culprit is WM5. I tried to find an update to it or go for WM6 to see if corrects the problem, but at present it does not seem available. I love the phone but, I will go back to my E62. The software is very reliable... Oh well...

Thanks for your help

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4033

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage