MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
funpilot

Reged: 07/13/06
Mogul by HTC
      #28141 - 07/26/07 05:48 PM

I am looking for a new phone and the specs on this one look interesting to me. Anyone try it? Here are the key things for me:

1. I have a Toyota Camry Hybrid with Bluetooth. It has the ability accept a download from the phone of phone numbers. There is no way to manually enter them into the Toyota so the Dl function is critical.

2. I really need a crystal clear voice. Too many phones sound muffled to me and wonder which ones are best here and how does this one stack up.

3. I need to sync with Novell Groupwise Calendar and access Groupwise email from a website.

Your thoughts......

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
FBNRaider

Reged: 07/30/07
Re: Mogul by HTC [Re: funpilot]
      #28161 - 07/30/07 10:38 AM

I love the Mogul PDA, but it would have been nice if they put a good phone with it!

I had the 6600 when it first came out and loved it because of the keyboard which I feel is far superior to the layout of the blackberry. I live in suburb of Chicago, called Cedar Rapids, Iowa which really isnt a small town.

The cons were the battery life being poor, reception was poor since I was roaming even in my house sitting by a large picture window close the interstate to the and the leather case that was suppose to protect it has a belt clip that could not have been tested for quality because if you were wearing it and sat down or stood up it would fall off. Also they leave the corners exposed if it falls where can it do the most damage, the corners of course.

I then got the 6700 that had much more better reception, slightly better battery life, same lame excuse of a leather case.
On Friday July 27th I got the 6800 with the improved OS more buttons to make tasks easier

I could barely wait to give it a try. I let it charge overnight and powered it up at ~8 am. I setup my Plantronics headset. Standing in my kitchen I go to use the phone and EV icon is on indicating I am roaming. Oh no. I went outside and the EV was still there. I had it setup to warn me if I was going to be charged for roaming. From my living room even thought it the EV icon was on before the call, but went out during the call and did not go through as roaming.

I was hoping that it was just a flaw, but the 6800 did lose the antenna which is nice for storing, but I think it was an essential part that this cell phone needs. But luck was not on my side. Two calls later from my kitchen it warned me that there would be roaming charges.
At ~8 pm, ~12 hours later, I went to use the phone and it was dead. This was after making 7 phone calls with the total talk time of 25 minutes along with ~11.5 hours of standby time. On Sunday I didn?t want to take the chance of the phone dying and not being able to charge it, but after having it on the charger last night, I will see if the batteries improve at all.

Unless the battery improves the battery life and reception will be worse on the 6800 than the 6700.

I can somewhat understand the battery life being shorter since it is probably having more of a drain from the pda, although they could have put a better battery with it, but it would be unacceptable if there is such a loss of reception strength from the 6700 to the 6800? Pun intended.

Has anybody else noticed this?

Side note. I combined my wife?s Sprint account into mine and was told that we would receive a check for the balance. 2 months later no check. I called Sprint and they told me I would need to request the money, my money I would need to request it. When I asked why I would need to request my money back I was told it was Sprint policy!
A month later still no check. I called back and was told again that I needed to request it. How low will Sprint go?

I go the check about a week after that. Consider yourself warned if you do the same to make sure you request you money, so Sprint will know that you actually want your own money back.
Darryl

funpilot

Reged: 07/13/06
Re: Mogul by HTC [Re: FBNRaider]
      #28165 - 07/30/07 06:29 PM

What did you think about its other features...keyboard, internet access, bluetooth, etc? I would be buying the full plan so roaming charges would not be an issue for me or am I missing something here? When you did talk, how clear was the voice?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4748

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage