Apple CEO Steve Jobs today announced several new products in Apple's computing lines including a new iMac line that features Intel Core 2 Duo and 20" and 24" displays. Here is more info:
"The all-new, all-in-one iMac packs a complete, high-performance computer into a beautifully thin design. Available in 20- and 24-inch widescreen models, it includes built-in wireless, Mac OS X, and the new iLife ?08. So within minutes of opening the box, you?ll be doing everything from sharing photos to creating movies to building websites. And it starts at just $1199.
Intel Core 2 Duo processor All iMac models feature advanced dual-core Intel processors along with other improvements that pump up the performance.
Built-in wireless Banish the clutter. The latest 802.11 Wi-Fi networking and Bluetooth technologies come standard with every iMac.
Built-in iSight camera The high-quality camera is so neatly integrated, you?ll hardly notice it?s there.
Connections and ports iMac has all the ports you need for your USB, FireWire 400, and FireWire 800 devices.
Glossy widescreen display Your photos, movies, and games will come to life with richer, more vivid colors. Choose from 20- and 24-inch widescreen displays.
Advanced graphics New ATI Radeon HD graphics deliver a stunning visual environment with more vivid, lifelike images.
More storage and memory Now you have more room for your video and photo collections. And iMac now supports up to 4GB of memory.
SuperDrive The slot-loading SuperDrive lets you play and burn your own CDs and DVDs.
In the box
* iMac * Apple Keyboard * Mighty Mouse * Apple Remote * Cleaning cloth * Power cord * Install/restore DVDs * Printed and electronic documentation
Processor and memory
* 2.0GHz or 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, or 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Extreme processor * 4MB shared L2 cache at full processor speed * 800MHz system bus * 1GB (one SO-DIMM) of PC2-5300 (667MHz) DDR2 memory * Two SO-DIMM slots support up to 4GB
* 20-inch model with 2.0GHz processor o 250GB Serial ATA 7200-rpm hard drive1 o Optional 320GB or 500GB Serial ATA 7200-rpm hard drive * 20-inch model with 2.4GHz processor o 320GB Serial ATA 7200-rpm hard drive1 o Optional 500GB or 750GB Serial ATA 7200-rpm hard drive * 24-inch model with 2.4GHz processor o 320GB Serial ATA 7200-rpm hard drive1 o Optional 500GB, 750GB, or 1TB Serial ATA 7200-rpm hard drive
* Slot-loading 8x SuperDrive (DVD?R DL/DVD?RW/CD-RW) o Writes DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL discs at up to 4x speed o Writes DVD-R and DVD+R discs at up to 8x speed o Writes DVD-RW at up to 6x speed and DVD+RW discs at up to 8x speed o Reads DVDs at up to 8x speed o Writes CD-R discs at up to 24x speed o Writes CD-RW discs at up to 16x speed o Reads CDs at up to 24x speed
* Built-in 20-inch (viewable) or 24-inch (viewable) glossy widescreen TFT active-matrix liquid crystal display * Resolution o 20-inch: 1680 by 1050 pixels o 24-inch: 1920 by 1200 pixels * Millions of colors at all resolutions * Typical viewing angle o 20-inch models + 160? horizontal + 160? vertical o 24-inch model + 178? horizontal + 178? vertical * Typical brightness: 290 nits (20-inch models); 380 nits (24-inch model) * Typical contrast ratio: 800:1 (20-inch models); 750:1 (24-inch model)
* Built-in AirPort Extreme wireless networking (802.11n)2 * Built-in Bluetooth 2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) module * Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector) * Works with 56K V.92 Apple USB Modem (sold separately)
Graphics and video
* 20-inch model with 2.0GHz processor o ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT graphics processor o 128MB of GDDR3 memory * 20-inch model with 2.4GHz processor and 24-inch model o ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO graphics processor o 256MB of GDDR3 memory * Mini-DVI output port with support for DVI, VGA, S-video, and composite video connections via adapter * Built-in iSight camera * Support for external display in extended desktop mode o Digital resolutions up to 1920 by 1200 o Analog resolutions up to 2048 by 1536 * Support for external display in video mirroring mode
Electrical and environmental requirements
* Energy Star Meets ENERGY STAR requirements * Line voltage: 100-240V AC * Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase * Maximum continuous power: 200W (20-inch models); 280W (24-inch model) * Operating temperature: 50? to 95? F (10? to 35? C) * Storage temperature: -40? to 185? F (-40? to 85? C) * Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing * Maximum altitude: 10,000 feet