Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Palm OS PDAs >> Palm Inc.

Pages: 1
BobH

Reged: 08/08/07
Question about displaying web page on a Palm
      #28208 - 08/08/07 07:44 AM

Hi all,

I am a first-time poster. I am looking for help in developing a web page that I want to display on my Palm PDA. I need some technical help. Is this the place to ask such a question? Or does anyone know of a good site for this kind of info?

Thanks,
Bob

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Question about displaying web page on a Palm [Re: BobH]
      #28209 - 08/08/07 09:35 AM

The Palm web browser can handle most all standard HTML, some CSS and just about no Javascript. Post your specific questions here, and I'll see if I can answer them. I don't recall ever seeing a guidelines document for developing with Blazer (Palm's web browser) in mind.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

BobH

Reged: 08/08/07
Re: Question about displaying web page on a Palm [Re: LisaG]
      #28211 - 08/08/07 09:51 AM

Ok thanks!

Let me explain what I am doing. I have a web site that my customers use. I built this web site using ASP.Net. Everything works great and the users love it. Now I have one web page that I want to be able to display on a Palm PDA. Please note that I did not use the mobile web page or mobile controls that ASP.Net offers. It is still designed and developed for a regular PC and using Internet Explorer browser.

So I took this page and made it real small so that it would fit on the PDA. The page consists of a few labels, buttons, and link buttons. All of these seem to work fine on the PDA. Also, the fonts and colors seem to be ok. I was using AJAX and that did not seem to work but I removed it and I'm ok with that.

But here is the problem. I use a Gridview control in ASP.Net. This is a list control taht lets me display data in tabular form. I have several textboxs within my Gridview. In html, it is rendered as a <Table>. Now my Gridview does display my data. But my textboxs are all real wide. In ASP.Net, I make the width of each textbox as 6px. I want these textboxs very small since a 1 to 9 is all that is entered here. So this is being ignored on the PDA but works perfectly on a regular PC and browser. It is frustrating since it is so close to working!! It would be great if I could use my existing page.

Thanks,
Bob

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 13224

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage