MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Wireless and Mobile Phones >> Bluetooth

Pages: 1
lat

Reged: 08/17/07
Bluetooth for palm 700wx
      #28302 - 08/17/07 07:45 AM

I have had a treo 700wx from verizon for about 2 weeks and have tried 2 differant bluetooth devises. One beining the Jabra Bt135Z. The other being the Motorola HS850. The problem I am having is I cannot call from my contacts with either. If I hold the button on the bluetooth it will dial the last number that was called from the phone. I started out with the Jabra the talked to palm and was informed it was not a recomended head set because it had not been through their test. The Motorola has been but still won't work.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Bluetooth for palm 700wx [Re: lat]
      #28306 - 08/17/07 09:17 AM

A Bluetooth headset doesn't have direct access to your device's contacts. It can answer/end a call, redial the last number called and work with voice commands if the phone's software has that feature. The Treo 700wx does have MS Voice Command, but that version doesn't support issuing voice commands over Bluetooth unfortunately.

That means you'd need to select the contact on the Treo then hit the dial command on the Treo.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

lat

Reged: 08/17/07
Re: Bluetooth for palm 700wx [Re: LisaG]
      #28308 - 08/17/07 05:12 PM

Lisa,
Thanks for the information. Wonder why the folks at the Verizon store that I bought it at dosen't know that, and if Palm is working on it? It is a great phone.

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Bluetooth for palm 700wx [Re: lat]
      #28309 - 08/17/07 07:16 PM

Unfortunately there just aren't many voice dialing solutions for Windows Mobile, and MS Voice Command is the only major one that offers true speech recognition (doesn't require you to record voice tags). The newest version of Voice Command (1.6) supports only a few phones over BT headset and doesn't offer complete support for the Treos. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/voicecommand/default.mspx

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 14604

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage