MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
no2ndchs

Reged: 09/11/07
HTC 6800
      #28507 - 09/11/07 03:42 AM

I just purchased an HTC 6800/Sprint. When I try to send a text message and attach a picture the "insert" feature is not highlighted. I can only send pictures in email. I have even taken a picture and clicked "send" and it gives me the choice of wither of my 2 email accounts but not text messaging. Does anyone know how to fix this or how to send a picture in text messaging with this phone???? I would appreciate all responses....Thanks ahead of time!!!!!
HTC Attach pic to text messaging
You may choose only one
test messaging
insert picture

Votes accepted from (09/11/07 03:42 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: HTC 6800 [Re: no2ndchs]
      #28512 - 09/11/07 03:08 PM

As far as I know, the 6800 currently doesn't support Sprint's Picture Mail (MMS). Unfortunately, that's not an uncommon issue with their PDA phones.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

DigitalEcstasy

Reged: 11/13/07
Loc: Madison Wiconsin
Re: HTC 6800 [Re: LisaG]
      #28986 - 11/13/07 10:13 PM

Didnt want to further the clutter to the forum so I'll just ask my Mogul PPC-6800 Question in this thread;

I've researched this phone, reading through myriad reviews. A question I have that may or may not have been answered is regarding to headphones. Some reviews I read state rather unclearly that headhpones are only applicable through miniUSB. Some say only bluetooth sets. A few claimed both, or all. Which is it? Im hoping for a simple and traditional cord headphone jack because I have DJ Audio headphones that were rather pricey. Would seem a waste that I couldnt use them to listen to music on my Mogul

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Re: HTC 6800 [Re: DigitalEcstasy]
      #28987 - 11/13/07 10:34 PM

The phone doesn't have a standard headset or headphone jack, it uses HTC's ExtUSB jack and comes with a stereo headset with that connector. Also included is an adapter to use 2.5mm headsets but not 3.5mm. I believe you can get a 3.5mm adapter from www.pocketpctechs.com. The Mogul does also support Bluetooth stereo headphones.

--------------------
Lisa Gade

DigitalEcstasy

#28988 - 11/13/07 10:58 PM

I checked the site, maybe I'm missing something it doesn't offer such a thing. Im sure I can find it somewhere. Thats pretty bad. Is the adapter large?

Thanks for your time and input!

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

#28989 - 11/14/07 12:12 AM

The PPCTechs one is here . I haven't seen it in person, but it doesn't look tiny. There might be other solutions on eBay as well. The Touch uses the same connector and it does come with a 3.5mm adapter in the box. So you might be able to order that from Sprint.

--------------------
Lisa Gade

DigitalEcstasy

#28992 - 11/14/07 07:38 AM

Oh my, how you cloud my mind with hard desicions!

I thought the Touch came with a 2.5mm, no EVDO Rev A compadability. Call me old fashion, but touch screens seem difficult if your surfing the web, you would know better. I've never played with a touch. Since the two major factors im looking for is web browsing/downloading. And music usage, I thought the 6800 would be more up my alley. Not having Sprint TV though seems to annoy me more and more, and now that golliath of an adapter...hmm. Thanks for the link, your information is helping ^_^

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

#28993 - 11/14/07 03:00 PM

The screens look pretty similar. The Sprint version has an improved display . The Touch has the same connector as the Mogul, but comes with more adapters for audio/charge/sync (since that little port handles all 3). If you don't need a thumb keyboard it's definitely worth a look.

--------------------
Lisa Gade

DigitalEcstasy

#29003 - 11/15/07 06:56 PM

Went to the sprint store. Played with both phones. The camera on the touch is alot better. Though both are good the 6800's photo's always got colors wrong. I took a photo of the grey carpet which looked creamish on the phone. Odd. I was surprised how "fun" it was to play with the touch. The cube interface is great. That being said the keyboard for typing is terrible. After some simple comparision and trial of both and the sales rep filling my ears with annoying hot air, I was still undecided. The guy their actually became helpful when he showed me his personal 6800 which was great. He had the stock WM6 theme taken out and replaced with all iphone icons themes, even web browser (which isn't all that great.) Also, his 6800 had sprint TV. I went home, did some digging and found sprintmogul.net which anyone owning a mogul should visit. Lots of 3rd party software, downloads and friendly smart people like Lisa! Went with the PPC-6800. Loving it. Thanks for all.

DigitalEcstasy

#29099 - 11/28/07 09:25 PM

Striving to know the difference in battery performance between the standard 1500 Mogul 6800 battery vs. the 2100 found here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-MOGUL-EXTENDED-B...1QQcmdZViewItem

Lisa! Help me one last time. =P

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

#29100 - 11/28/07 09:42 PM

I've never used that battery, so I can't comment from personal experience.

--------------------
Lisa Gade

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 10116

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage