MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
ThayliaS

Reged: 05/05/03
Loc: Kansas City, MO
LifeDrive Model Confusion
      #28620 - 09/26/07 10:30 AM

Good morning!

I have been the proud owner of a Sony Cli? NX80V since late 2002, but alas, her screen has finally bit the dust. She worked excellently with my Macs, both tower and laptop, using the Missing Sync software you recommended in your review of this game little machine. The Sony tech support rep told me that it would cost nearly $200 to fix her, so I have opted to buy a new Palm PDA to replace her. She will be sadly missed...

I consider your site to be the supreme authority for technotoys, so of course, I have been studying your reviews of the Palm machines. I have more or less decided to purchase a Palm LifeDrive despite the fact this model has been discontinued by Palm, particularly because Lisa had awarded this PDA her Editor's Choice rating when she reviewed it in 2005 and because I agree with her that it favorably compares to the Cli? in a significant number of ways.

My questions for you today are: (1) Does more than one model of the LifeDrive exist, and if so, which one shall I be on the lookout for? I used NexTag to locate possible stores I can purchase a Palm LifeDrive from, and my search returns a "Palm LifeDrive Handheld" and a "Palm LifeDrive 1044ML Mobile Manager." Could you please tell me which of these models is the newer of the two, and if you have any preference between the two machines?

(2) Is it okay to buy a machine that says it is part of an "OEM Package"? Is anything usually left out or do you get less software or what?

Again, I really appreciate your site and advice!

Thaylia

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: LifeDrive Model Confusion [Re: ThayliaS]
      #28626 - 09/26/07 05:11 PM

I'm glad you find our reviews helpful . That Clie was a great model, too. Rest assured, there is only one model of the LifeDrive. Price comparison sites often get multiple listings for the same product because the retailer names them somewhat differently.

I'm not sure what "OEM package" would refer to in the case of a PDA. In computer parts it means generic packaging but this isn't a computer part. I'd hope they mean in the original Palm packaging (since they're the OEM). But you might want to ask the retailer for a clarification.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3981

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage