MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
LisaInSimi

Reged: 10/10/07
Loc: California, USA
Which PDA/smartphone best for world travel?
      #28699 - 10/10/07 03:34 PM

My husband and I are going backpacking through the S. Pacific, Asia, and the Mediterranean. I want to keep a blog and would (I think) like to be able to keep a journal in something like Word. Would be ideal to have the capability to type on a QWERTY keyboard. Would also like to have a phone in case of emergency. No camera necessary. I'm considering the HTC Advantage but it's kind of pricey and I don't know if you can actually type on the keyboard. I'm open to a smaller PDA/smartphone if I can buy a plug in keyboard. Any ideas? Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Which PDA/smartphone best for world travel? [Re: LisaInSimi]
      #28702 - 10/11/07 09:16 AM

Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun! While you can't touch type on any PDA or PDA phone, it is easier on the Advantage thanks to its larger keyboard. And the larger VGA display means you can see more of what you're typing.

Given the travel locations, you need GSM, so that narrows it down a bit. If you wanted to go the Bluetooth keyboard route, using the Think Outside Bluetooth kebyoard (reviewed on our site) which is still the most popular, the E-TEN X500+ might be a good choice. It also has a VGA display, phone and a GPS which could be handy when traveling. http://www.mobiletechreview.com/phones/Glofiish-X500-plus.htm . It sells for $550 or so.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4950

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage