PHONE LAPTOP & TABLET GAMING GADGETS iPHONE & iPAD VIDEOS

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
Gaile

Reged: 10/15/07
Loc: North Dakota
Problems with Palm-to-Outlook sync
      #28735 - 10/15/07 10:53 PM

I currently own a Palm Tungsten E, and after 2 years there's no way I'm going back to using a paper appointment book! The problem is that my new employer has had a bad experience trying to sync the Palm T3 to Outlook. They said everytime they tried to sync new data from the computer to the Palm or from Palm to computer, appointments would end up being doubled or tripled. The two systems didn't seem to recognize an identical appointment & just copied it over again - and again. They think it is a problem of the Palm software not working with Microsoft, because they have been able to appropriately sync with a pocket PC like the HP iPAQ hx2700 that uses Microsoft Windows Mobile. I think it must be something else, or I would have found numerous posts on the topic in this forum -- and found none.

I don't need all the bells & whistles, the bulk, or the price of the PPC's -- it's my purchase, not theirs -- so I want to know how to avoid the result they found with the T3. I probably do need to buy a new Palm as mine is really slowing down, short battery life, etc. But I want to replace it with something like the Palm E2 or at most the Palm T/X. How can we make it work?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Problems with Palm-to-Outlook sync [Re: Gaile]
      #28736 - 10/16/07 03:09 AM

Duplicate contacts, appointments and tasks can and do happen with Windows Mobile Pocket PCs. In my experience it's not any more common with one than the other. I would suggest going with the latest version of Palm Desktop software for Windows to reap the benefit of the latest bug fixes-- you can download that for free from Palm's web site since the CD that comes with the unit might not have the latest.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 31 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3957

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage