MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
PHONE LAPTOP & TABLET GAMING GADGETS iPHONE & iPAD VIDEOS

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
slieb85

Reged: 11/05/07
Sprint touch max Memory?
      #28928 - 11/05/07 04:59 PM

There seems to be conflicting answers given by HTC and Sprint, and pretty much every review I've read on the Touch. I am buying one this week and don't want to invest in a 6gb Micro SDHC or an 8gb if the touch doesn't support it. On Sprint's announcing site of the phone it says 4gb max then has a link to a dual press release from HTC and Sprint it said up to 8gb micro SDHC. I would assume since the device can read micro SDHC cards that there would be no preset limitation, but is there a way to limit this that mabye Sprint chose to do? Any answer would be appreciated.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Sprint touch max Memory? [Re: slieb85]
      #28930 - 11/05/07 05:12 PM

If a device's slot supports SDHC, then it should support any capacity card (barring OS limitations but WinMo 6 is fine with 6 and 8 gigs). There is no way to limit it, and I can't imagine Sprint wanting to do so-- why make their device less capable and attractive to buyers?
During device development, 4 gig microSD cards were the only capacity available and tested, so manufacturers often play it safe and say 4 gigs. Our largest card is 4 gigs, so that's what we've tested it with.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6409

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage