Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Wireless and Mobile Phones >> Bluetooth

Pages: 1
petriv

Reged: 11/16/07
Loc: MP
HTC bluetooth issue
      #29012 - 11/16/07 09:11 AM

I recently purchased a new HTC S710 smartphone with which I am very pleased. I have, however, certain bluetooth connection issues. Although the S710 connects flawlessly via bluetooth to a many of my devices (HP iPAQ, Lenovo ThinkPad X60s, Logitech bluetooth headset, etc) it seems not to find any of my Holux GPSs (M-1000, GR-231, GPSlim240) or the SuperTooth II bluetooth hands free unit. I have made numerous attempts to try to "find" these devices with the Bluetooth Explorer, and have also turned the S710 and bluetooth devices in question on and off a couple of times but without any luck. Although I have used several WM 2003 and WM5 PDAs without any real bluetooth issues in the past this is my first experience with WM6. Is this a WM6 issue? I have spent quite a bit of time searching for possible answers on the web and, although I did not find any solutions. Any ideas please?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: HTC bluetooth issue [Re: petriv]
      #29028 - 11/18/07 09:54 AM

It might be an issue with Holux brand of GPS. It might be worth contacting Holux to see if they have any know issues with HTC devices, particularly the S710 or WM6's Bluetooth stack. We've got BlueAnt headsets to test with but not their car kit/portable speakers (SuperTooth)... so not much idea about that one.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

petriv

Reged: 11/16/07
Loc: MP
Re: HTC bluetooth issue [Re: LisaG]
      #29032 - 11/18/07 09:53 PM

Many thanks for your comments. I will try to contact Holux directly.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 12649

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage